In order to participate in experiments conducted by researchers of the Faculty of FEEL, a person has to register online (http://18.104.22.168/public/index.php).
By registering for laboratory experiments, you indicate your intention of taking part in experiments conducted by researchers of the Faculty.
Rules for laboratory experiments
- For each experiment, a certain number of registered persons will receive an invitation email.
- If you receive an email inviting you to participate in a particular experiment, you must answer positively to this email in order to be able to take part in the experiment. By doing so, you indicate your commitment to participate.
- For each experiment, an excess number of participants will be invited. Participants who are invited and may not participate in the experiment due to capacity constraints or other failures are compensated with a show up payment.
- The show-up amount is specified in the invitation letter.
- Usually, participation will be compensated in cash. The amount depends on the participant's and other participants' decisions during the experiment.
- During an experiment, each participant will have to act upon the rules stated by the experimentalists in the instructions.
- To ensure that only those people who have been invited and who positively answered to the invitation email take part in the experiment, participants are asked to bring their official XMU ID card with them. A participant who does not carry an identity paper will not receive the show up payment and might not participate.
- People who give their agreement to take part in a particular experiment have to keep in mind that if they do not turn up or turn up late then the experiment might be cancelled because of a lack of participants.
Therefore, by registering for laboratory experiments, you agree with the following statements:
I have been informed that if I do not turn up or turn up late for an experiment I have been enrolled for, this may lead to the experiment having to be cancelled. I am aware that I can be made liable for costs incurred from cancelled experiments if I do not inform the Faculty at least 24 hours ahead if I am not able to attend the experiment or provide any plausible reason for not being able to inform the Faculty in time or show up due to some unforeseeable incident.
Moreover, each time you do not turn up for an experiment you have been enrolled for without informing the experimentalists on time or providing any plausible reason, a distinctive mark will be added to your reputation score (see your personal data on the web site once you have registered online). The more distinctive marks you have the lower your chances to be invited for future experiments. Once your reputation score contains three distinctive marks, you will not be invited anymore to take part in experiments conducted by researchers of the Faculty.
In terms of insurance coverage, the rooms of the Faculty are protected under a statutory liability insurance police of civil law content. The Faculty of Economics will assume liability in the event of any damage that occurs through its own fault. No liability without fault clause is included herein.